Pray With Us
Your support is always appreciated, especially when it is done through prayer. We would be so grateful for your prayers on the following:
- Thanks and praise: do thank the Lord for all the relationships built and truth shared with so many students and staff over the last school year.
- Exam results: Please pray for the young people receiving their exam results later in August, that they might know God’s peace and plans for their next steps.
- Moving up: please do also pray for the students who have left primary school this summer and who will be starting “big school” on Tues 4th September.
After 3 years of service to HCYT Beth is now taking the next step in her career, doing a short course in design in York.
- Praise the Lord: Do thank God for Beth and do pray that he will bless her next steps.
Back in may the Trustees advertised and carried out interviews for a new part-time Schools Worker. Candidates based in the UK were interviewed but the preferred candidate was not able to accept the post due to family reasons. A further candidate had applied but was not interviewed initially as she applied from her home town of Port Elizabeth in South Africa. However the Trustees were drawn to Isaiah 14:24
““Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen”.
We believed the Lord was saying He had a plan, which might be a surprise to us. We held a Skype interview with Bulelwa, a young lady just finishing Bible college, During August one of our Trustees, Mark Vodden, was able to fly out to South Africa, in order to meet Bulelwa, her parents and church family. After going through a complex 3-stage visa process, together with all the other arrangements, her visa arrives and Bulelwa lands at Manchester airport at 1.15pm on Tues 4th September ! The Lord is Good !!!
- Praise the Lord for His help in negotiating the complex visa process.
- Do also thank God with us for providing lodgings for Bulelwa with a Christian landlady in one of the villages near South Hunsley School.
- Also for £300 of gifts already made to Bulelwa from members of God’s church family in the Hunsley area toward her visa and other expenses.
- Please pray for a safe journey for Bulelwa, and that His Spirit fills her and helps her to settle in well.
- Pray that admin such as school DBS check happens quickly and smoothly.
- Please pray for His leading in how she shares about Jesus with the students at South Hunsley School.
- And finally to praise the Lord for the continued welcome which HCYT has at school !
Our next termly prayer meetings – please do join us:
- 7.30 – 9pm Thurs 4th October, All Saints Church, Brough – POSTPONED – REVISED DATE TO FOLLOW.
- Thurs 7th February 2019, South Cave – details to follow.