Pray With Us
Your support is always appreciated, especially when it is done through prayer. We would be so grateful for your prayers on the following:
- Thanks and praise: do thank the Lord for all the relationships built and truth shared with so many students and staff over the last school year.
- Exam results: Please pray for the young people receiving their exam results later in August, that they might know God’s peace and plans for their next steps.
- Moving up: please do also pray for the students who have left primary school this summer and who will be starting “big school” on Tues 4th September.
After 3 years of service to HCYT Beth is now taking the next step in her career, doing a short course in design in York.
- Praise the Lord: Do thank God for Beth and do pray that he will bless her next steps.
The Trustees have advertised and recently carried out interviews for a new part-time Schools Worker, including a Skype interview with Bulelwa, a young lady from South Africa who applied for the post, who is our preferred candidate ! We have talked with Bulelwa at length about the post and are now going through a complex 3-stage visa process, together with all the other arrangements, with a view to a start on 1st September. We have successfully navigated the first two stages and Bulelwa is now working through the visa application process itself.
- Praise the Lord for His help in negotiating the first 2 stages of the visa process.
- Do also thank God with us for providing lodgings for Bulelwa with a Christian landlady in one of the villages near South Hunsley School.
- Also for £300 of gifts already made to Bulelwa from members of God’s church family in the Hunsley area toward her visa and other expenses.
- Bulelwa: for all the logistical issues. There are still many hurdles to jump, so please pray that thing move along quickly and fall into the right places.
- For peace for Bulelwa and her family, that the Lord might confirm that this scary move to England to work with HCYT for 2 years is His will.
- That He might prompt Christian brothers and sisters, either in South Africa or in the UK, to provide further support for Bulelwa in this move in financial gifts toward the cost of her flight and with her visa and other expenses. If you do feel prompted to support in this way please email email@example.com.
- Please pray for one of our Trustees, Mark Vodden, as flies out to South Africa to visit, Fri 17 – Mon 20th August, in order to meet Bulelwa, her parents and church family.
- That the Lord would confirm His will to the Trustees by helping all the visa and other arrangements to fall into place ready for a 1st September start.
- Direction: For the Trustees, that God would guide them to make the right decisions for the future of the trust.
Our next termly prayer meetings – please do join us:
- 7.30 – 9pm Thurs 4th October, All Saints Church, Brough
- Thurs 7th February 2019, South Cave – details to follow.